The Omozone

Forced to drink a ton of water for ultrasound

Kate Rose

I got out of bed and got ready for my ultrasound today.  I finished getting ready, got in my car and drove to the hospital. I parked and walked inside and up the stairs to the ultrasound department. I signed in at the receptionist desk, the receptionist told me to sit and wait for the ultrasound tech to call me back. The tech called me back very quickly and told me to lay down on the ultrasound table, I did, she then told me to pull down my pants and panties just below my hips, I did. She asked me if I drank lots of water before the ultrasound, I shook my head no, she replied "you were supposed to drink lots of water before the ultrasound, didn't you get the letter in the mail?", I replied with "no, I was supposed to drink water?", she said "yes, don't worry though, I will fill you up fast" and then she left the room. She came back 5 minutes later with 5 large glasses of water, around 400 mililitres each and said "chug all 5 of these". I did, she said "I will be back in an hour to check on you", I nodded. 20 minutes later I was feeling pretty full, 20 more minutes later I was beginning to get really uncomfortable and hoping the tech would return soon, 15 minutes later she returns, she looked at me and said "need to pee yet?", I nodded and said "extremely badly, I'm so full", she smiled and began to prepare the ultrasound jell and probe. I was extremely desperate and struggling to hold it even before she started pressing, as she was preparing the equipment I was extremely worried about pissing myself as soon as she started pressing. She applied the ultrasound jell to the probe and my belly, she gently pressed the ultrasound probe into my upper belly, I got used to the initial pressure that when she slowly began to move the ultrasound probe down towards my bulging bladder I started groaning as she scanned my belly. When she pressed hard directly on my bladder I moaned loudly and began to silently cry as the pressure was really extreme and I was barely holding on. I said "oh fuck, I can't hold it anymore, the pressure is too much" she replied with " I know you're extremely full but you are a grown woman and you have to hold it". The next 5 minutes were me groaning and begging her not to press as hard or I would explode. She then asked me to roll over onto my right side, as I rolled over a leak escaped my bladder, I was shaking from trying so hard not to pee. She said "stay still for me honey, I need to scan your kidneys", I moaned "please hurry, I'm going to explode, I can't hold it anymore". She placed the ultrasound probe on my lower back and reached around my lower belly and counted 1... 2... 3... and then she pressed her hand into my bulging and aching bladder, I began crying as pee gushed from in between my legs, she said "you better stop peeing right now or we will have to reschedule" as she continued to push on my bladder with her hand I replied "I can't stop it, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry" as the contents of my stretched bladder emptied onto the table.